Now that we’ve entered the winter months, movement is just as important as it is in the summer, only it serves a different purpose. We need exercise in the colder months to circulate and move energy through the body. It also helps to warm and balance hormonal levels in the body. The best movements for creating warmth and circulation are full body functional movements, like squatting, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling. You can even combine some of these movements to create a whole body exercise. For example, a dumbbell squat press, a bend with a pull, or a twist with a push. The combinations are endless. Exercise can be a fun experience and it doesn’t have to be grueling hard work. Especially in the winter months, when there’s not as much light and we’re sleeping more, you want to avoid pushing your body as hard as you did in the warmer months when there’s more light. Make movement more about quality not quantity. You can both energize your body and reserve energy for other things through exercise and have fun while doing it. I would be happy to work with you and show you how functional exercise can not only be fun and rewarding but actually CREATE energy for your life rather being an energy DRAIN on your life like so many exercise programs. Contact me today for your FREE consultation!
The Benefits of Winter Time Exercise
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Sign Up Today!
"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all of the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."
Join me on the journey and get updates and tips to living your best life.
Like Me on Facebook!
- My Experience with Candida and Fungus March 22, 2011
- Grass Fed vs Conventional Meat – Which to Buy and Why. March 10, 2011
- Teaching a Squat January 4, 2011
- Plank July 17, 2011
- Marathon Running, a Popular Trend August 28, 2011
- What I Love About Broth November 27, 2012
- What Kind of Body Are You Creating? November 6, 2012
- Secret To Success November 6, 2012
- What Does High Cholesterol Really Mean? September 23, 2012
- Less Is More When It Comes To Your Core May 24, 2012
- Linda Green: Sounds great. I will be out of town....
- Stephanie: Hi! I recently discovered Dr. Ray Peat's work and...
- Top 10 Ways to Stay Healthy In 2012 | Pure Energy Wellness: [...] Contact | Home [...]...
- Mark: and what about the pesticides in the grass? would ...
- amanda: i love what you wrote here! i am in the exact same...
Follow @allisonpelot on Twitter